Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Thursday 19 May 2011

{hideous kinky}

{Kate Winslet in Hideous Kinky, via armchair archives}

I watched the movie hideous kinky last night. I hadn't seen it since I was in high school, and was totally taken with the gorgeous setting in Morocco. There isn't much of a story, but it follows, Julia (Kate Winslet), a hippie mum from London, as she lives in/travels Morocco with her two young girls in the 70s. (It's based on the novel by Esther Freud. Review from the guardian here).

{isn't she just breathtaking here? from .moviepostershop}


Here's a market scene:
{from the fan carpet}
I've always wanted to go to Morocco but have not been yet. I'd love to check out the bazaar, or Souk in Marrakesh.  Here are some photos I found of it, that are terribly enticing--I'm itching to travel now!
Marrakech souk
{via back 2 mine}
{via red bubble}

souk3
{via zimbio}

I just love all the beautiful colours: 
{via post-gazette}

Morocco
{this image is from an article on souks in Morocco, dailymail.co.uk}

Much of the movie is shot in a beautiful fondouq, or courtyard where they live in Marrakesh, similar to this one here, featured on lonely planet:

I love these Moroccan inspired interiors: 
{from inspired goodness}

{from fromawomensstudiesmajor}



{love these tiles! from inspire bohemia}

{I'm in love with this palette--pinks & purples}


{from a designer spot}
for the bathroom:
Moroccan Style Bathroom Design
{from interior design styles}

I love the look of the colour of silver (tea pot) & the silver slippers with the pink, & the absolutely gorgeous tiles:
{from inspire bohemia}

& speaking of tea...

love these tea glasses you can buy on moroccan bazaar:



{& I love this nook. image from inspire bohemia}

check out this great idea for a dessert table: 
Morroccan amy atlas table
{via lotus haus}

[Picture+49.png]
{via le cirque des enfants}
some gorgeous lantern inspirations at la maison boheme


Kate Winslet's character tends to wear mostly hippie outfits...but I did love the florals & the simplicity of some of her outfits. 
{via the lady loves books}


check out this gorgeous scarf from berber trading:

a blue tunic/kameez perfect for warm climate travelling:
Naked Zebra - Sky Blue Tunic
{from get heavenly}
paired with one of these gorgeous chappals (my favourite type of shoe to travel in):
{from .jewlery kingdom}
or with these gorgeous slippers: 
{photo from travelinmama on etsy}


or for some more bling...I couldn't leave out the overly glammed-up foursome in SATCII:
{via chico stylist}
{from caro marketing}




3 comments:

  1. what a great post - we were chatting about it at book club last night - you are making the rounds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's great! Hope you said hello to everyone for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely blog post! I lived in Morocco for 8 incredible years and do love Moroccan decor, Moroccan food, etc.

    ReplyDelete