Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Thursday 21 July 2011

{hello love, it's London calling}


I've spent the past few days in Reading at an Early Modern Conference, but I'm now back in the city. Before I left for Reading I spent one day walking through Islington, a lovely area of London where my sister used to live and not too far of a walk away from where I'm staying.
Islington has loads of great little shops, restaurants, cafes, pubs, & Camden passage hosts an excellent antique market.
{I wonder how much 'work' is done in this library pub?}

{just loved this store!}



{I love the rusticated look of this funky modern diner-style restaurant}

{Jack Wills...}

{...outfitters to the gentry-love!}

{lovely stores in Camden Passage}











Last weekend I also met up with a friend from high school. We hadn't seen each other since we graduated, but we picked up RIGHT where we left off & had such a blast hanging out & perusing gorgeous little shops in Muswell Hill area. We had a lovely lunch at the FLASK, a funky old little pub with crooked floors & crooked beams.
{having lunch at the flask--apparently (as the sign says) this was the site of one of the first autopsies}

{darling little shop in Muswell Hill}
I came across a wonderful shop the other day in the neighbourhood I'm staying. It sold all sorts of things for the home & there was a whole garden full of cool, silver old radiators. just love these types of things. I didn't get a pic of the radiators, but I got some photos of the various hardware they sell:




{I love the juxtaposition between the Architectural Forum & MR. All Sorts!}
 This is near to where I'm staying as well. Just love the signage:

{Indian food on wheels}
I've got loads more to say & tons more photos, but I'll leave it there for now.
cheerio,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment