Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Monday 21 November 2011

{b-day celebrations & tutu obsession}

The weekend of Nov 12&13th, I spent 'home' in Vancouver celebrating my 30th. We had loads of fun. My niece, nephews & sister were there to greet me at the airport. Hugs & shrieks ensued, and then we headed off shopping in S. Granville area. We spent some time at Vancouver's first & only anthropologie--the kids loved looking at all the fun stuff, just as much as us adults did: 
{my & my darling niece at anthropologie}

{nephew (S for Sebastian) & niece (below) having fun in the store}


On Saturday night, we celebrated my b-day with girlfriends. We had loads of fun...got ready at my sister's:
{me & my niece getting ready in my sister's bathroom--notice we're both in tutus}
{me & julia before heading out}

{prosecco to start the evening off}

{ladies out on the town}
 the next day was my official b-day and my parents came over from the island. We went for a lovely walk...
{my Dad & my niece on the walk}

{gorgeous Vancouver backdrop (taken by some politician trying to solicit a vote)}


{biggest gift? hearing my Dad playing the piano on my b-day. oh, & belting out our favourite tunes together}

{gorgeous & absolutely decadent chocolate cake-thanks to Julia for cooking such an amazing meal!}

{look at this darling little purse my 6 year-old niece made for me}

{& look at this special personalised label!}

So the obsession with tutus--I considered that maybe now that I'm in my 30s I should give up the tutu. But as Carrie Bradshaw in SATC has shown too well, you're never too young for tutus, you just need to know how to style & wear them right.
Pinned Image
{pinterest via connect in}
{via the cassandra monologues}
how great are these looks?:
BCBGMaxAzria Holiday 2010
{bcbg via trendhunter}
{via brown eyed belle}

{via reason to breathe tumblr}
So, yes, you know I've worn the tutu before, when me & Julia went to an exclusive Sex&theCity II party a few years ago: 
{at ju's house prior to getting to the party}

{at the SATC II party at Opus, this photo & below, by Pelman Photography}

For my b-day, I was inspired by the look of light shoes with dark tights, paired with a light tutu. 
so I paired my pink, waterfall tutu, with black tights, nude shoes, simple black t-shirt & a string of pinky pearls:
{quirky i-phone pic, taken at dinner by my friend Colleen}

here's an inspiration board I made at Polyvore:
birthday tutu
{my ensemble at polyvore}
So don't resist--get into that tutu!
Thanks to all my dear girlfriends, my family, and particularly Julia, for making turning 30 so much fun.
bisous,
L


No comments:

Post a Comment