Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Sunday 27 November 2011

{happy advent!}

Today is the first Sunday of Advent. As kids, we'd have our usual Sunday dinner of roast beef & yorkshire pudding, and then we'd head to the neo-gothic Christ Church Cathedral downtown Victoria, to hear the amazing candle-lit advent service, with traditional lessons & carols. Unfortunately, my family is all across the globe, and I haven't been in years, but Advent Sunday is still important to all of us. It always makes me think of my family especially, and I have to admit, makes me miss my dearest sisters.
Today I made my own advent wreath and put up a few decorations around the house, while listening to King's College Lessons & Carols (for more info on advent & the advent wreath, check out my blog on advent from last year). I also cooked up roast potatoes, brussel sprouts & a very small roast.
{some cuttings from my backyard & a homemade noel sign}
{my advent wreath--not so much a wreath but the idea is there}


Happy Advent!!
xo
L

No comments:

Post a Comment