Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Thursday 28 June 2012

{quotable thursdays}


live without fear.
{via castles, crowns & cottages}
I'm a planner. a good friend calls me miss planner. I fear the future. what to eat? what to wear? what new job? how many publications in the next year? will I marry? will I have kids? what hotel should I stay at on my next trip to so & so? what's the best flight? the list goes on. Like most women I know, our brains are full of questions like this...it takes me hours sometimes to get to bed. running lists of these questions in my head. Sometimes I wish I could look to the future without fear....wish I could trust more that things will work out without all my questions and worrying. I admire women who have strength & dignity, yet this verse from proverbs seems incompatible with the fact that most women who I know who have immense strength & dignity, are also the ones who are constantly worrying about the future. YET, they also know how to laugh, even in the middle of adversity & stress; they are the ones who can laugh at themselves and their worries.
here are some pics to accompany today's quote...
pearls & purple
{laughter via zsa zsa bellagio}

b&w
{via terrier & lobster}
{via pinterest}
fashion
{via terrier & lobster}
romantic!! ZsaZsa Bellagio: Tres Magnifique
{via zsazsa bellagio}
&...some of my favourite women in this world, laughing & having a good time:

{5 sisters in Victoria, BC, spring 2000}
{me & my 4 sisters}

{4 of the 5 Clark girls & my Mum, Ottawa, 2008}
 
{laughing with my eldest sis, NYE 2009}

{laughing/celebrating with my dear friend after defending my PhD, Montreal, 2009)

{my best friend laughing hard in a crazy cafe in Bologna, 2007}
have strength, have dignity, & laugh hard! (& thanks to all the women in my life who inspire me to do this!)
xo
L


2 comments:

  1. Happiness abounds here!!!

    You have a wonderfully laid out blog here. Inviting and bright! Thank you so much for coming to join my site! Anita

    ReplyDelete