Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Friday 27 July 2012

{London calling...2012}


{via glitterguide}

It's not very often that it's 30 degrees and sunny in London. But when it happens, Londoners take advantage of the gorgeous weather and they're out. Out in full force. The parks are crowded with bathing beauties, the streets & pavement are full of people overspilling from the pubs, and the outdoor cafes are packed. It's a lovely feeling.
This past week I ventured into London a couple of times to get some work done at the Warburg and pick up some images from the British Library for my latest article. I also spent one day strolling through my favourite haunts: the V&A, HarrodsLiberty, etc... The train I take from my cousins' outside London passes through Stratford, where you can catch glimpses of the Olympic park and the Orbit. London is teeming with excitement, but I've actually avoided going in today because of the travel disruptions predicted.

Here are a few shots of one of my favourite cities in the world...

{lunch at the V&A, Morris Rooms}




{sunshine is out in the courtyard at the V&A}


{Food Hall, Harrods}


{stroll through Hyde Park}
  
{LIBERTY}


{Liberty's interiors are just amazing!}






{I think this is too cute!}

{more lovely displays at Liberty}

{Liberty fabric}




{Soho was packed with people drinking in the streets}


{as was Covent Garden}

{I love Pimm's!}
{at home in my room at the country estate}
Tomorrow I'm off to Warwickshire & then on to my mini-break at the cottage in County Durham, & hopefully I'll force myself to take a break & be offline, so until I return...
Cheerio,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment