Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Thursday 29 November 2012

{quotable thursdays}

While I was in the UK, I watched Skyfall with my cousins. I hope this doesn't spoil the film (& I don't think it does-otherwise, I wouldn't post it here), but there's a moment when M (Judi Dench) recites the following lines from a Tennyson poem (last lines of Ulysses):


"Though much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

I think this is a brilliant quote. No matter how old we are, and even when we may be weaker physically--or even mentally--it is our will that carries us through. Personally, this can't mean more to me than right now--the idea of perseverance is so important and so relevant. If I lost the ability to strive, to seek, to find, I think I'd lose the ability to live. Hold on to your dreams. They will develop, but in their own sweet time, so just have patience and perseverance... & you might just find it's the unexpected that is what you were looking for all the while. Keep trying, don't give up, hold on, & wait!

{Judi Dench}
{via pentaluma}
{via inside movies}
{via  the telegraph}
some inspiration from 007:
{classic connery from ryan jones}
bar with dramatic dark paint
{shaken not stirred, via zsazsa bellagio}
love this vintage look with a martini
{via coco+kelley}



{007}
{Bond girl, via swagger NY}



Julie Leah: A life & style blog: Sunday in Paris
{follow your dreams! via julie leah}
<3
{persevere but try to enjoy life while you're doing it--via dust jacket}
ZsaZsa Bellagio: Summertime Beauty
{blow those bubbles & follow your dreams! via zsa zsa bellagio}
xoxo
L

No comments:

Post a Comment