Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Sunday 27 January 2013

{musings from the little red book}


Sometime in undergrad--2001 or 2002--I started a little red book. Now that I think about it, it was a precursor to this blog, private rather than public, but a little place to take down notes, sketch ideas from design and fashion mags & brainstorm my own decorating ideas or art inspiration. This was before the days of pinterest and so many images online, easy to google. I had my little pink folder (somewhere in storage still) where I filed away clippings from mags and the little red book where I sketched musings. Well, I recently pulled the little red book out and realised that my younger self actually had some good ideas! Some of them are a little outdated, but some of them could be tweaked to fit 2013.
As many of you know I've been living out of 5 boxes of books & 2 suitcases for the past 4 years. yes, gulp! All of my stuff has been in storage awaiting the day I landed a permanent job and could finally set up a home again. Looking back on the 31 years of my life, I've never actually stayed put. Growing up, we would pack up our things every three years to sail around the world. Then I left high school for France, then France for Vancouver, then Vancouver for London, then London for Montreal, then Montreal for Italy, then Italy to move back to Vancouver, then Vancouver for upstate NY, then upstate NY for Vermont....and now LONDON (if you haven't heard the news, I blogged about it here).
I digress--I've been starting to think about all my stuff in storage and all the great ideas I have for my new flat in London. While it will probably be small (living in one of the highest rental markets in the world), I want it to have character and to scream me. So, on that note, I decided to pick up the little red book again and jot down some ideas.
I've decided to start a new column on this blog. It'll contain musings from the little red book--some old, some new, and some updated.
so today is the first entry--the first entry from the little red book but also the first blog from the little red book. Stay tuned for more soon! Enjoy!!!
xo
L


Inspiration #1: a small bar for the home:




& some photos found on the internet & pinterest inspired by this little detail of a home bar:

bar with dramatic dark paint
{bar tray atop a dresser}
Old dresser turned portable bar, by Bliss Ranch, featured on I Love That Junk
{dresser bar}

bar
{chest of drawers bar}

Totally hip take on the bar cart.
leamonaco:

cocktail hour.
{on an old trunk from rue mag}



love the framed cheers
{save on some floor space with bar shelves}
armoire bar
{hidden bar= hidden mess = hidden sins:)}
{another armoire}

No comments:

Post a Comment