Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Thursday 10 January 2013

{quotable thursdays}

The Terrier and Lobster: "Welcome to Pleasantville" by Nick Scott for Madison Australia
{via terrier&lobster}
My sister gave me this link about aunties, and it struck home. I just spent Christmas with my 9 nieces & nephews and I realise how important the auntie-niece/nephew bond is.
The article talks about the necessity of aunties in kids' lives. It also provides a bunch of great quotes by famous aunties. I like this simple one by Jane Austen:

"I have always maintained the importance of aunts."

Here are some pics of all my 9 nieces and nephews at Christmas:

{Christmas day}
{me & my two nieces on Grouse Mountain}

{my nieces & nephews on Christmas Eve}

{at Mamre Oaks, the ancestral home in Victoria}
Happy aunty-ing to all of you aunts. What a privilege it is!
xo,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment