Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Thursday 24 January 2013

{quotable thursdays}

Today is an ode to sisters. I have four sisters and I spent Christmas with all of them. It was a delight. They are my life, my heart & soul...they make me feel whole and I know that whatever happens in life I can rely on them 100%. We don't get to see each other very often, but when we do, it's like no time has passed & it reminds me that I am one of 5--not alone in this world, but part of a sisterhood.
So, a few excellent quotes on sisters:

Help one another, is part of the religion of sisterhood.  ~Louisa May Alcott

Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow.  ~Benjamin Disraeli

There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me.  ~Mary Montagu

{all 5 of us on the night before Christina's wedding}

{Easter 2000, Victoria BC}

{some time in the 1980s, in California}

{us in the Australian newspaper in 1988}

{sisters' night out before Rachel's wedding}

{our whole family in the 80s}

{all of us on Christmas Day}

{the five girls on a sisters' night out, this past Christmas}

{5 girls, Christmas 2012}

{sisters' night out 2012}


Famous sisters:
{bbc austen}

{five sisters from BBC's Pride & Prejudice}
{5 Bennet girls from the latest P&P}

{sisterly affection?}



{lovely girls}

File:Pride & Prejudice (2005) Bennet sisters screenshot.jpg
{the girls laughing in the latest version}
& although there are only 4 sisters, Little Women is a good tale of sisters:
{Little Women}

{Winona Ryder version}

yay for sisters!!
xo
L


No comments:

Post a Comment