Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Monday 20 May 2013

{an english welcome}

Hello from merry ol'! It has been a very busy week, but I'm so happy to say that I found a lovely flat!
I saw some AWFUL terrible horrible places...& was in a state of despair, when I walked into my new home, & just knew it was *home.* It'll be a few weeks until I move in, so pictures to follow. Before I moved, I was reading tips from apartment therapy on apartment-finding...when I read them, I was excited & the (mis)interpretation of the details of a flat (things like stickered-looking-wood vs real hardwood floors; a tiny room with an oven & some floor space vs. an open plan kitchen & lounge etc...) seemed funny at the time. But when you're in the middle of it, and you call flats that just got advertised that morning but now aren't available any more really can be depressing. One letting agent told me that the landlord only wanted a married couple (!) another said not to worry, the guy next store was being put in jail (!!)... I felt a bit like I was in the middle of a Bridget Jones film.

But I persevered and now have a wonderful 1 bedroom Victorian conversion flat with original wood floors & tiles & a lovely private garden. Can't wait to decorate & post photos!
...Here are some great pictures from my first week in the UK:

{flying over England's pastures' green}

{welcome sign by my cousin Choo}

{choo welcoming me with Union Jacks!}

{right off a red eye... Rule Britannia!}

{lovely gardens at Groombridge Place}


{spring flowers}

{a swing}

{walking amidst the blue bells}

{in a field of rape}


{I just love these sorts of details on English cottages--the way they decorate with the plaster}




This weekend I'm off to a fancy dress dinner at Cambridge...pics & more to follow...
xo
L

No comments:

Post a Comment