Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Thursday 8 May 2014

{quotable thursdays}


{solitude}

Dear Solitude, the soul's best friend.
[...]
How calm and quiet a delight 
Is it, alone
To read and meditate and write,
By none offended and offending none!
To walk, ride, sit, or sleep at one's own ease;
And, pleasing a man's self, none other to displease.
                -Charles Cotton

{reading}

I normally love being on my own-I take pleasure in the quiet, having time to read and write, to go for a walk, but being house-bound recovering from knee surgery tests my patience a bit! (& the walk bit isn't an option).
The stitches come out tomorrow and hoping that this part of the recovery will not take too long--I'm getting cabin fever and longing to get out of the flat!

{I feel a bit like Simla here!}

xo, 
L

No comments:

Post a Comment