Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Monday 12 May 2014

{UK anniversary-1 year!}



A year ago today I arrived here in the UK for a permanent move. As many of you know, I've spent a lot of time in the UK, and used to live here years ago...and my dream was to move back. Last May it was realised.
Lots has happened in the last year--I started my new job, and took on a lot of responsibility right away: within the first 3 months, I authored my first OU text, took on the role as Module Chair for our department's newest and biggest module, and adapted to life in at a new university. I travelled a lot for work: I gave 5 talks in Germany, Portugal, London, Norwich, and Chicago; chaired a panel in London at AAH; and travelled to Italy for research.
In my personal life, I spent time with family here, met up with friends, hosted parties, travelled for fun (including Paris & Athens), welcomed a little cat into my life...and had knee surgery. I've also eaten at some fab restaurants, featured in tasty morsels.
 It's been a bit of a whirlwind, but I'm happier than I have been in years. That's not to say that it hasn't come with its trials: dealing with the NHS and a bad knee for 10 months of that time, moving, learning the ropes at work etc... etc... but I'm happy.
Here are some highlights from the last year:


{I left Vermont...where I had lived for 2 years}


{with a big send off party...}

{a warm welcome in merry england from my cousins}


{bluebell walks}



{a fancy dinner at Cambridge}

{walks in wye}

{Basildon Park (aka Netherfield)}

{many a pimm's o'clock}

{moved into my flat}

{Masterpiece London, red carpet}

{entertaining in the flat}

{trip to Athens}

{Kathi's wedding in Athens}

{the wedding}

{Clark holiday to Houghton Hall}


{visits to historic homes}

{trip back to Vancouver}

{conference in Bamberg}

{loads of time spent in the air, travelling!}

{first dinner hosted in the flat}

{portuguese trip for a conference}


{Christmas in the flat}

{boxes arrived!}

{covent garden at Christmas}

{a truly English Christmas}
{boxing day meet}

{flatwarming party}

{research trip to Modena}

{Simla joins my life}


{country walks}

{trip to Chicago}

{trip to Paris}

{hen party in Filey}


{knee surgery recovery with mum}
Here's to a great many more years here in merry ol'!



xo
L

2 comments: