Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Thursday 12 June 2014

{quotable thursdays}

{croquet last weekend}

{wedding party two weeks ago}
Dear blog readers,
Things have been a bit manic over here. Work is crazy busy, but in addition to that, I've been away for the last two weekends--for a wedding in Edinburgh (fantastic!) and at my cousins (last weekend)...so many pics to upload!
all in time, all in time...
but for now, this post will be quick, and I'm hoping to find some time to catch up on everything this weekend...
Today's quote celebrates the joys of friendship & family--the company of which I've surrounded myself with the last few weekends. It comes from the will of Sydney Cockerell born 1867 died 1962:

I have been blessed throughout my long life with a number of the dearest and kindest friends, both men and women, that ever man had. Gratefully conscious of all they have meant to me, I declare friendship to be precious beyond all words. But it is like a plant that withers if it be not carefully tended. It must be fostered by means of visits, of letters, of little services and attentions and by constant thought, sympathy and kindness. I implore my children and my grandchildren to remember this.

For me, I want to add I'm grateful for the support & love my friends and family have shown me throughout the knee surgery. I'm happy to report that I've had the all clear from the surgeon and that my knee woes should be behind me!

ciao for now,
L


No comments:

Post a Comment