Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Thursday 16 October 2014

{quotable thursdays}

So much to catch up on, blogland! I travelled to my cousin's wedding in Germany a couple of weeks ago, and hosted a Canadian Thanksgiving last weekend and I still haven't posted any pics from my trip to Nova Scotia in August! 
how did it get to mid-October already? I'm happy to report that my insane work schedule is starting to slow down, so hopefully I can catch up on some things in the coming weeks...
Sorry I missed quotable thursdays last week! But here's a quote that is important for those of us who often say 'yes' and then find ourselves either really stretched, or having to give up something for ourselves. I think of the countless women in my life, especially those who are mums, who continuously make sacrifices and forget their needs for the needs of their kids or husbands. However, I think we often do this at work as well--I've had a lot of conversations recently with academic colleagues that have noted that women tend to take on a lot more administrative and teaching tasks over their male colleagues because they often are afraid to say no--often resulting in them being overstretched and worse, behind on publications.
{your yes should be worth the less}
well said!
{at work}

{mother & child}
Most importantly, make sure you always reserve some time for 'you' time...
{& also time to get out in nature, go for a walk etc...}

xo
L


No comments:

Post a Comment