Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Thursday 12 November 2015

{quotable thursdays}

This weekend I'm celebrating my birthday so today's quote reflects the fact that we usually become rather contemplative on our birthdays-looking back on the last year and wondering where the next one will lead; looking back at the last 20 years and wondering where the next 20 will lead. I have to admit, this year has been pretty eventful as I bought my first house!
{beautiful words from Twain}
If I've learned anything in the last 30+ years is that casting the bowlines and setting sail for a crossing requires planning, faith, & strength. It also takes a whole lot of work. I am living the life that I wanted, but it wasn't as easy to get here as I thought it would be. Atolls and reefs cropped up where I wasn't expecting them, storms sprung up in places where I thought the waters should have been calm, and I got stuck in doldrums when I thought I should have been catching the trades, but that's life. The greatest gift my parents gave me was to raise me aboard a ship, as it taught me how to navigate and be independent as well as rely on others when needed as you can't sail most ships single-handedly. 
The sea provided me with a metaphor on how to approach life: explore, dream, discover!
{Expo '88, Brisbane, Australia}
{Aboard Robertson II}

{a wild bird, aboard Pacific Swift}




xo, 
L

No comments:

Post a Comment