Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Friday 13 May 2016

{off to...Jerusalem!}

Hello blogland,
Guess what? In less than two weeks, I'm off to Jerusalem! I'm so very thrilled... I'm going for a conference, but decided to go a few days ahead of time with my friend Melissa so we could actually see some sites!
I've never been and have always wanted to go...from the stories of pilgrims to the Holy Land that I've encountered in my research to the Biblical place names so familiar from the New Testament: Nazareth, Galilee, the Mount of Olives, Golgotha...the list continues!
We are spending a few days in Jerusalem, taking in the historic sites, with a day trip to Galilee.
I'm looking forward to seeing the historic monuments and encountering the multiple cultures and religions that call the city Holy. I'm also looking forward to taking in shopping and of course the yummy food.
{the market}
I'm pretty excited to be staying at a historic guest house--a convent, which has opened its doors to pilgrims since the nineteenth century! The best bit is it's located right in the heart of the old historic city, so can only be accessed by foot (and is actually right on the Via Dolorosa):
{the convent's entrance}

{the view from the terrace}
So what to pack?!
Of course, it's necessary to dress modestly - covered knees and shoulders in most religious establishments... but that's ok. That means long flowing skirts and comfy trousers. Here are a few key sources of inspiration:
{long skirt paired with eyelet top}

{another lovely skirt}
Or...a kind of updated Kirsten-Scott-Thomas-in-the-English-Patient-white-shirt&trousers look:
{cute and classy!}
Rest assured, I'll take loads and loads of photos! 
so stayed tune! (but in the mean time, you can keep up to date on my instagram feed) & of course I'll be posting regular tiddley bits before I go...
xo
L

No comments:

Post a Comment