Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Thursday 8 September 2016

{quotable thursdays}



Hello Thursday!
How is everyone in blogland? Well, I've been working really really hard in the archives--still  haven't come across anything ground-breaking, but I have discovered a few things that will be useful!
This weekend, my cousins arrive! I'm so looking forward to taking the weekend off and showing them around all the sites and sights that I love!

As I'm in Bella Napoli, today, a quote from Boccaccio on the beauty and wonders of the Amalfi coast:

It is believed that the coast from Reggio to Gaeta is nearly the most delightful part of Italy. Fairly close to Salerno there is a coast that looks out over the sea, which the inhabitants call the Amalfi coast, that is full of small towns, gardens, and fountains, and men rich and proficient like no others in the act of mercatantia

-Bocaccio, Decameron, (Gior. 2, Nov. 4)
{the port at Sorrento}
{the beauty of the Amalfi coast, Positano}
a presto,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment