Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Friday 24 July 2015

{new home owner}


{good news!}

Some exciting news ladies and gents!
I bought a H O U S E !
Yes, my first house! It's all so very exciting!
It's a Victorian terrace, that is in good condition but needs some TLC in terms of decorating (& some reinstating of its original period charm). Just my cup of tea!
{cuppa?}
Perhaps you can sense my excitement by the number of exclamation marks I've used? I'll have plenty of more pictures to come when I show you some before and afters...
but here is a little shot of the front of the house:
{SOLD!}
This does mean that I'll be bidding London farewell. My little house is in a small medieval market town in Bedfordshire--much closer to my work, but still only a very short train ride into the capital. The good news is I'll have loads of country walks at my doorstep, including a lovely canal that links lovely little villages & canalside pubs...
{the canal}

{the town on market day!}
As you can imagine, I've been thinking about all the lovely things I can do to the house--paint colours, floors, beds, furniture, curtains. Can't wait!
Here are a few images I've been using for inspiration (you can of course check out more on my pinterest boards, particularly under home inspiration)...

I'm currently loving greys, and I think they're a tone that's timeless and soothing. Who can resist Farrow & Ball? Although I've recently fallen in love with Little Greene (who have some heritage colours in association with English Heritage):
{colour scheme by the Paper Mulberry}

I think some William Morris has to make a presence on a feature wall somewhere:
{bird & pomegranate}

I certainly need bookshelves everywhere!
{bookshelves in a lovely shade}


{I'm loving dark greys & golds/bronzes in the kitchen (even though some are saying this is already out!-I think if done right it can look timeless)}

The bedrooms have little fireplaces, so I've been looking at small fireplaces for inspiration:
{the pink is totally tempting!}
One thing I'm absolutely thrilled about is it has a wood burning stove in the sitting room. Fantastic for cold wintry nights! Can't wait to have a little home for me & my sweet Siamese cat:
{we're moving!}

I'll have the keys in my hands next week!
Stay tuned for more & looking forward to you joining me in the renovating/decorating projects that lie ahead! (There will be surely more posts in the series 'musings from the little red book')
xo,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment